Those who felt lucky had a chance to win the jackpot of $ 625 million in Mega Millions The lottery, the eighth largest prize in US history. The reward has reached those heights because there hasn’t been a winner in months.
But there were no winning tickets for the numbers pulled late Tuesday night. So the estimated grand prize has grown to $ 750 million, and it will definitely grow even more as people flock to get tickets.
The $ 750 million payment will be the second-largest Mega Millions payout, compared to $ 1.54 in rewards in 2018.
Each ticket costs $ 2 and winners must match all numbers, including the mega ball, to get the full amount.
The one-time cash option to win the jackpot on Tuesday was at least $ 458 million. Most winners have the cash value for the total payment of the jackpot. Otherwise, the grand prize is distributed over 30 years.
Winning Mega Millions numbers
- 12, 14, 26, 28, 33
- The mega ball: 9
- Megaplier: 2x
Mega Millions tickets are sold in 44 states, Washington, DC, and the US Virgin Islands.
Meanwhile, the Powerball sweepstakes prize Inflated to an estimated $ 550 million, which is the 12th largest jackpot in the game’s history. The winning numbers will be drawn on Wednesday evening.
Even with both awards combined, it still pales in comparison to the biggest prize, A.Three players won it in 2016. He won the Mega Millions jackpot last time in Wisconsin on September 15, 2020, when one winner was awarded a $ 120 million ticket. The game has been won five times in the past year, with the June Grand Prize of $ 414 million being the largest, according to officials.
The odds of winning the jackpot are slim at 1 in 302.5 million for Mega Millions and 1 in 292.2 million for Powerball.
Here are the 10 biggest jackpots of all time in Mega Millions, plus where to buy tickets:
- $ 1.54 billion – 1 winning ticket in South Carolina (October 2018)
- $ 656 million – Three winning tickets in Illinois, Kansas and Maryland (March 2012)
- $ 648 Million – Two winning tickets in California and Georgia (Dec 2013)
- $ 615 million – Unknown if there are any winners (January 2021)
- $ 543 million – 1 winning ticket in California (July 2018)
- $ 536M – 1 winning ticket in Indiana (July 2016)
- $ 533M – 1 winning ticket in New Jersey (March 2018)
- $ 522M – 1 winning ticket in California (June 2019).
- $ 451 million – one winning ticket in Florida (January 2018)
- $ 437M – 1 winning ticket in New York (January 2019).
The Associated Press contributed to this report.